CFO2001. Welcome and Announcements & Keynote: September 11, 2001 - The White House, A Look at Crisis Leadership and Decision-Making
Lt. Col. Darling shares the principles of crisis leadership and decision making with his audiences with an “edge of your seat” presentation that’ll take you from the moment the attack was realized, to the courageous decisions made to stop it, to the safeguards and policies our country now has in-place in an attempt to prevent it from ever happening again. This presentation is designed to ensure we, as a nation, never forget the events of 9/11/01, and to inspire all leaders to take the necessary steps to protect and safeguard their employees, organizations and their communities.
- Recognize Organizational Leadership versus Crisis Leadership and how to know the difference
- Apply the Crisis Leadership Framework: Sensing, Decision-Making, Meaning Making, Terminating and Learning
- Describe Strategic Communications and the perils of too much detail
- Demonstrate Crisis Preparation and Planning – “All Hands-on Deck”
- Discuss our 9/11 National Response; what went right and wrong